How Many Ways Can you Save This Year?April 3, 2019
Welcome to 2019! A fresh new year to make all the positive changes you are striving for, whether it be financial in nature, improving your health or making strides in your professional life. As a solar company, we care deeply about the environment and how simple changes in the way we lead our lives can help not only the environment but the financial lives of our clients. With that being said, and with the spirit of the new year in mind, we challenge you to an energy challenge! How many ways can you save this year? Here is a list of ways that you can make small changes to save energy and the world around us.
Look around your home and see if you can see where you are not using energy or products wisely. Think you are doing pretty well? Try checking off these actions to complete your energy challenge!
- Unplug “zombie electronics” that are using power even when not in use – such as your computer or monitor.
- Switch to a programmable thermostat that can be scheduled to heat and cool your home efficiently and shut off while you are out.
- Only use the dishwasher and/or clothes washer when they are full.
- Air dry both dishes and clothes if possible.
- Switch to Energy Star appliances/products such as light bulbs, washers, dryers, and dishwashers the next time you are purchasing.
- Install a low-flow showerhead.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
- Conserve water for irrigation by using a rain barrel.
- Consider your transportation methods. Can you carpool, take public transit, or walk to work? Are you close enough to bike? Next time you need to purchase a vehicle, consider looking for an environmentally-friendly hybrid.
- Research going solar for your home or business. This can eliminate or drastically reduce your utility bills, all while decreasing your carbon footprint.
- Conserve energy by repairing or replacing drafty windows and doors.
- Insulate your attic.
- Reduce the amount of plastic you use/buy on a daily basis including water bottles, plastic bags, and products that come in hard plastic.
- Buy food locally. Not only will you be getting the freshest variety but you will be helping cut down on transportation pollution by trucks and warehouse costs for vendors. Not to mention you will be supporting local farmers.
There are a million little ways that you can approach this energy challenge. Play your part and try to do something every day that can move you toward a greener lifestyle and save you money at the same time. If going solar is one of the challenges you are accepting, contact Sunpower by BlueSel today at 781-281-8130, or visit our website today.