Top 5 Reasons to Go SolarJune 4, 2018
U.S. solar installations nearly doubled in 2016 and the numbers have been steadily increasing each year since. More and more areas of our country are pulling their energy from the sun. According to MSNBC online, there are now 1.3 million solar installations across the United States, with a cumulative capacity of over 40 gigawatts. There is a reason for this massive growth – the many benefits homeowners are seeing from switching to solar energy systems. Here are the top reasons that homeowners give as to why they made the decision to go solar.
- Drastically Reduce or Eliminate Utility Bills – One of the main reasons homeowners “go solar” is the amazing cost savings. Electricity costs can be a huge part of homeowner’s monthly bills. By converting the sun’s energy, your home will be generating its own energy, thus decreasing, if not, eliminating entirely your electric bill.
- Protect the Environment – Solar is a great way to reduce your family’s carbon footprint. Solar is a clean energy that is both renewable and sustainable. Traditional power generation pollutes the air and is a leading cause of U.S. global warming emissions.
- Boost U.S. Energy Independence – Thinking globally is an important factor when it comes to why U.S. homeowners choose solar. With global energy markets notoriously unstable, solar power is an exceptional choice to bring the United States one step closer to energy independence.
- Great Investment – Many homeowners report choosing to go solar because this investment will end up paying for itself in the long run. According to Energy Sage online, the average American homeowner pays off their solar panel system in seven to eight years and sees an ROI of 20 percent or more.
- Increase in Property Value and Rise in Home Sales – Solar power is the future of our country. According to a study by the National Renewable Energy Lab, homes with solar panels installed sold more quickly (and at higher prices) than homes without solar panels. Multiple studies have also found that homes equipped with solar energy systems have higher property values now that appraisers are taking solar into account.
Whether your motivation for going solar is economic, environmental, or personal, call SunPower by BlueSel at 781-281-8130, or visit our website to find out the benefits that solar energy can have on your home.