10 Ways To Reduce Your Carbon FootprintApril 5, 2018
Last month, the world celebrated Earth Day, in which a billion people globally committed to taking actions to improve our environment.
Here at SunPower by BlueSel, every day is Earth Day as we try to make positive impacts in New England.
As a company, we pride ourselves not only on our reliable and efficient paneling but also on our workmanship. What’s even better is that our actions contribute to preserving our local, national, and global environment.
Every day, we help our clients reduce their carbon footprint, improve air quality, and reduce our country’s dependence on fossil fuels. Here are 10 actions you can take to help reduce your carbon footprint this year.
Investigate if your home is a good candidate for solar panels. Not only will the cost savings on your utility bills leave a smile on your face, but the positive impact on the environment will be long-lasting.
- When buying your next car, consider a hybrid or electric car that emits low or no carbon emissions.
- If a new car is not in your future, take other steps in regards to driving in order to reduce your carbon footprint, such as: carpooling, working remotely, taking public transit, or simple biking or walking to work.
- Consider investing in ENERGY STAR appliances that are more efficient and impact the environment less.
- Install a programmable thermostat that can regulate your heating and air conditioning when you are not at home.
- At home, turn off lights you’re not using and when you leave the room. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED ones.
- Insulate your home and seal up drafts around doors, windows, and vents so that your heating and air conditioning is not being wasted.
- Eat locally produced and organic foods, as 13% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions result from the production and transport of food.
- Lower the amount of water usage in your home by making water-efficient choices when purchasing showerheads, faucet heads, toilets, dishwashers, and washing machines.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle in and around your home and work.